Here are some links that should be able to get you through the afternoon:
- Good news. X-rays on Cole Beasley’s injured left foot came back negative, though he will have to sit out a few days.
- Here is a decent article on the Cowboys defense being more opportunistic so far this preseason under Monte Kiffin.
- Looks like the team is close to closing a deal to move their practice facilities to Frisco, TX.
- Something I failed to mention in the reaction to last nights game, the Special Teams units struggled last night. A muffed punt and allowing a blocked field goal were two of the lowlights from the Oakland game. Here is a good summary from Calvin Watkins on the special teams struggles. (Also, no surprise but the Cowboys are still looking for offensive line help..)
- I just keep hearing good things about 1st round pick Travis Fredrick. Seems everyone in the organization loves the guy and from what I have seen in the first two games he is going to be a heck of a player. Tony Romo is joining in on the public praise of the rookie lineman.
- Garrett to rookies, “You’re not allowed to have rough nights.” I like this, put as much pressure as possible on them in the preseason, that way when the regular season rolls around they will be locked in and less likely to crack under pressure. It’s also good to see who can and cannot take coaching early on in the season.
- Barry Switzer is an awesome man. Saved a dog and found it a home.